By Our Reporter
Female Undergraduates in Nigerian Universities are invited to apply for the 2016 NWAG Scholarship. The Nigerian Women Association of Georgia (NWAG) is awarding 37 one-time scholarships, one per state of origin as well as one for the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), to students in Nigerian universities.
So far, NWAG has shipped over $1m (One million dollars) worth of medical supplies to various states in Nigeria. In addition, NWAG supports ten orphanages with their nutritional program all across Nigeria and in Atlanta, Georgia.
N50, 000 each
Candidate should be a Nigerian Female Undergraduate Student in a Nigerian University.
Applicants are required to submit the following documents together with their completed application form:
– Proof of State of Origin – Letter of Origination from the university or a letter from your local government office;
– Two letters of recommendation from any two of the following: Church Pastor/Mosque Imam, Village Head, Local Government Chairperson or One of your Lecturers;
– 1 Letter of recommendation from either the Dean of your Faculty/School or your Head of Department;
– Photocopy of your current university student identification card;
– A current photograph of yourself;
– An explanation of why you need and should receive the scholarship (not more than one-half typed page);
– A typed, double-spaced, two-paged essay on: “How has the current inflation and its resultant high cost of living in Nigeria, affected the quality of education in Nigeria?”
Application Process is free!
Completed application can be submitted with all required documents as pdf or word documents to NWAG either electronically email@example.com or by regular mail to:
P.O. Box 14542,
Atlanta, GA 30324.
Deadline: May 31, 2016