An early morning fire on Tuesday gutted around 10 shops in Bariga, Lagos.
Shops at 43 and 45 Shogbamu Street were affected.
No life was however lost.
Mr Michael Akindele, the General Manager, Lagos State Emergency Management Agency (LASEPA), who put forth the divulgence in an announcement, said nine shops and an occupant’s room were obliterated.
He included that merchandise worth millions Naira were smoldered inside the shops.
“No life was lost because of the brisk intercession of the office through its reaction unit.
“The organization got a caution by means of the Customer Response Manager (CRM) on a flame occurrence at 43 Shogbamu Street, New Garage, Bariga, Lagos.
“This provoked quick mobilization of the organization’s Emergency Response Team (ERT) and the Lagos State Fire Service from Ilupeju and Ikeja Fire Stations.
“The Lagos State Ambulance Service and the Nigeria Police were additionally called to the scene.
“Preparatory examination completed by the ERT at the scene of the incident uncovered that the inferno was brought about by a power surge from a gadgets shop.
“The auspicious mediation of the Lagos State Fire Service and other crisis responders reduced the spread of the inferno to different structures in the region.
“There was neither death toll nor damage supported by anybody,” he said.
Akindele instructed the occupants concerning Lagos to dependably guarantee that every single electrical machine were exchanged off after the end of work or that not being used at home.
He additionally cautioned against the utilization of bare links and unlawful association.