HEDA RESOURCE CENTRE is a duly incorporated national NGO focused on environmental and economic justice, good governance and human rights. The Centre conducts strategic policy advocacy, training, research as well as citizens’ awareness and mobilization on core human development issues including agriculture and food security, climate change, human rights, public sector accountability and electoral reform processes, among others. We work in partnership with local and international partners to promote transparency, accountability, inclusion and responsiveness in governance as well as to shape the content and context of critical public policies and programmes. We work with others to advocate for fair economic and climate deals for Africa in particular small scale farmers and other vulnerable groups. We have observer status with the UN ECOSOC, UNFCCC as well as the Green Climate Fund. We are strong on new media as an advocacy and change platform and more importantly we have strong partnership with the broadcast and print media as channels of articulation of our alternative views on policies/programmes for the enthronement of good governance, food security and sustainable development. In order to strengthen our team and effectiveness in delivery of our mandate, we are headhunting for the following key positions:
- Communications Officer: The Communications Officer will support the implementation of the organization’s communications strategy which involves proactive media engagement and managing external communications via newsletter, journals and all other publications. The role also requires the development of qualitative audio-visual and other information education and communication materials.
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Manage external communications from the offices including enhancing the organization’s communications strategy.
- Collate and rewrite technical and official documents in a media friendly and innovative manner
- Identify multimedia opportunities and contributing to social media outputs to highlight the organization’s work
- Identify and facilitate key media slots for the management and board to articulate the organization’s messages.
- Develop and maintain contact with key journalists in the organization’s thematic areas.
- Coordinate and supervise press conferences, media briefings and interviews.
- Draft statements, press releases, briefing papers, speeches and other materials to ensure that the organization’s values are communicated consistently and coherently.
- Contribute to the contents of the organization’s website by providing text, photographs and audiovisual materials.
- Develop all organizational graphic content for newsletters and all other publications
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in any field.
- Strong knowledge in Information Technology (IT) and use of various internet tools and social media platforms.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a team
- Strong, working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and other packages
- Excellent oral and written communication and editing skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Accountant: The accountant will be responsible for managing the financial operations of the organization.
- Oversee the financial operations of the organization and ensure timely and accurate financial reports and practices including cash management, payroll, financial disbursements, ledgers, etc.
- Enter financial information and maintain all financial records for projects and for the organization
- Monitor expenditure to ensure that programme funds are utilized appropriately by the close of the fiscal year.
- Train, guide and support HEDA’s project staff to ensure proper accounting
- Coordinate with internal and external auditors during financial audit
- Prepare weekly and monthly financial and analysis report for management
- Ensure that all financial reporting is completed on time and submitted to donors.
- Provide financial inputs for proposal development, project management and other areas of administration.
- Bachelor’s Degree or HND in Accounting, or equivalent qualifications
- Good understanding of financial and accounting policies and associated regulatory issues.
- Good communication skills (both oral and written)
- Competent in the use of Microsoft office tools and Accounting packages
- Ability to work independently and as a team.
- Legal Officer:
The legal officer will work in the legal department and support the organization in all law related matters including strategic and public interest litigation, as well as law reforms advocacy.
- Handle public interest litigation on behalf of HEDA.
- Provide legal advice to management in line with existing laws
- Prepare contracts, agreements, memoranda and other legal documents
- Conduct research to ensure that HEDA’s activities are in accordance with applicable laws
- Keep and manage portfolios for projects.
- Support the human rights and public sector accountability projects of HEDA
- Any other responsibility as may be assigned by management
Qualification: LLB/ B.L with at least 1 year post call experience
Commitment to Social justice and Human rights is important
Good communication skills (both oral and written)
Good computer appreciation and knowledge of online research and advocacy tools
- Agricultural Officer:
The Agric officer Work directly to support the Environment and Sustainable Development Programme of the organization
- Provide support to Small Scale Farmers
- Participate actively in the Climate Change programme of the organization
- Support the organization in proposal development and research
- Coordinate a network of young extension workers
- Work with others to manage the online advocacy and campaigns of the HEDA on food and nutrition security
- Any other responsibilities as may be assigned by management
- B.Sc or HND in any agriculture related discipline (Agronomy, Agric. Engineering, Agric. Economics, Animal Science etc.)
- Good communication skills (both oral and written)
- Ability to work independently and as a team
- Proactive and results oriented.
PB: All advertised positions are restricted to persons not older than 33 years of age. All positions are based in Ikeja, Lagos State.
Mode of Application: interested candidates should send their CV and a cover letter to indicate the position they are interested in, to;firstname.lastname@example.org and/or email@example.com not later than Tuesday 3rd of May 2016