Archive Oliseh reveals why he snubbed Mikel

Oliseh reveals why he snubbed Mikel

-

- Advertisment -

Super Eagles Coach Sunday Oliseh just told football fans why Chelsea midfielder John Obi Mikel was not on the list of invited players for the match against Tanzania on September 5.

He had been accused for omitting Mikel from his 18-man foreign pro list for the Tanzania game, but the Eagles gaffer made a shocking revelation today, saying Mikel refused to have a word with him despite all the channel of communication he opened with the midfielder.

Oliseh revealed that aside the several phone calls and SMS messages to Mikel, the player also failed to show up at a planned meeting in London, which his club teammate Victor Moses gladly attended.

H told NFF that since that time, he hasn’t spoken with Mikel.

“I have contacted him on several occasions with no reply; sent him an SMS with no reply, went to London where he plays in the same club with Victor Moses, Moses came to the meeting we spoke but he (Mikel) didn’t come, I eventually told Moses to say hello to him.

“No player is special, every player is the same, every other player we contacted and spoke with have been invited them,” Oliseh stated.

The Super Eagles coach said he would not hastily pass judgement on Mikel even though there have been outrage in several quarters over Mikel’s perceived lackadaisical attitude to national team matters in recent years.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Latest news

JONAPWD-LAGOS Commends Sanwo-Olu For Restoring Disability Empowerment Fund

Kenneth Afor |  The Joint National Association of Persons Living With Dissabilities (JONAPWD ) in Lagos state has commanded Babajide...

Groups Call On Judicial Panels Of Inquiry To Dispense Justice On Victims, Survivors Of Police Brutality

Kenneth Afor | The Network on Police Reform in Nigeria (NOPRIN) and Centre for Law Enforcement Education (CLEEN Foundation) has...

COVID-19 Second Wave: FG Urged To Ban Flights From Britain, Others

By Ijeoma Ukazu | With some countries currently experiencing the spread of the new COVID-19 variant, the Health Writers’ Association...

“I am not distracted by calls for 2023 presidential race” — Yahaya Bello

Kogi state Governor Yahaya Bello has said calls for him to contest in the forthcoming 2023 presidential election is...

AfDB Provides $25m To Boost Low-Carbon Energy Generation

The African Development Bank’s Board of Directors on Monday, December 14, 2020 approved $15 million from the Sustainable Energy...

Civil Defence Receives COVID-19 Testing Equipment

The Commandant General, Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps, Abdulahi Gana Mohammadu on Friday in his office received Covid...

Must read

JONAPWD-LAGOS Commends Sanwo-Olu For Restoring Disability Empowerment Fund

Kenneth Afor |  The Joint National Association of Persons Living...
- Advertisement -

You might also likeRELATED
Recommended to you

%d bloggers like this: