Archive Prince of Ife alleged threat to life over succession

Prince of Ife alleged threat to life over succession

-

- Advertisment -

Esther Adeyanju

A member of the Giesi ruling house, Prince Adekanye Aderibigbe, yesterday alleged threat to his life over the selection process to produce the next Ooni.

This he said during a meeting of the ruling house held at Agbedegbede Lane, More, Ife, aderibigbe. Aderibigbe who was in company of committee members, in charge of verifying names submitted as contestants, said he had been repeatedly threatened because he insisted that those who were not from the ruling house would not be considered.

“A man has been parading himself as a member of Giesi Ruling House and newsmen have been echoing it. He is not a member of this house. He is not a member of Giesi.

“Please quote me. I have been threatened over my stand but I am ready for whatever will happen. I am one of the oldest in this compound and we know ourselves.

“He is not even a member of any ruling house in Ile-Ife. I have been threatened but I am waiting. I will not say God is on my side but I am on God’s side.’’

The prince further assured that Giesi will present a credible candidate that would be acceptable to all.

He disowned list of contestants said to have been screened by the ruling house, stressing that only the secretary of the ruling house, Prince Ropo Ogunwusi, is empowered to relate with newsmen on the activities of the ruling house.

On possible government interference, Aderibigbe, said: “We harbour no such fear. We have started the process and we know an Ooni that will be acceptable will emerge at the end of the day.

“Interference of any kind will not happen. Whenever we want to pick our candidate, all of you will know and the kingmakers will after that take over. I did not say Ifa oracle will not have a say but Ifa will only choose from the candidates presented to it and Giesi will present a credible person that will occupy the throne.”

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Latest news

JONAPWD-LAGOS Commends Sanwo-Olu For Restoring Disability Empowerment Fund

Kenneth Afor |  The Joint National Association of Persons Living With Dissabilities (JONAPWD ) in Lagos state has commanded Babajide...

Groups Call On Judicial Panels Of Inquiry To Dispense Justice On Victims, Survivors Of Police Brutality

Kenneth Afor | The Network on Police Reform in Nigeria (NOPRIN) and Centre for Law Enforcement Education (CLEEN Foundation) has...

COVID-19 Second Wave: FG Urged To Ban Flights From Britain, Others

By Ijeoma Ukazu | With some countries currently experiencing the spread of the new COVID-19 variant, the Health Writers’ Association...

“I am not distracted by calls for 2023 presidential race” — Yahaya Bello

Kogi state Governor Yahaya Bello has said calls for him to contest in the forthcoming 2023 presidential election is...

AfDB Provides $25m To Boost Low-Carbon Energy Generation

The African Development Bank’s Board of Directors on Monday, December 14, 2020 approved $15 million from the Sustainable Energy...

Civil Defence Receives COVID-19 Testing Equipment

The Commandant General, Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps, Abdulahi Gana Mohammadu on Friday in his office received Covid...

Must read

JONAPWD-LAGOS Commends Sanwo-Olu For Restoring Disability Empowerment Fund

Kenneth Afor |  The Joint National Association of Persons Living...
- Advertisement -

You might also likeRELATED
Recommended to you

%d bloggers like this: